As Viking River Cruises simultaneously launched seven new ships to sail the Rhine, Main, Danube and Portugal’s Douro River, what are the 10 things you need to know about Viking river ships?
1. Impeccable interiors with muted colours and understated elegance.
2. There is an organic herb garden
3. There is a walking track to take in the fresh air
4. They have energy-efficient hybrid engines which reduce vibrations
5. Complimentary ship-wide WiFi
6. They have a sun deck to relax in the sunshine or under umbrellas
7. You can dine al fresco at Aquavit Terrace
8. A shore excursion is included in every port
9. Beer and wine are included at lunch and dinner
10. Complimentary specialty teas, coffees and bottled water