What are two thing Aussies love? Barbecues and river cruising. American Queen Steamboat Company is offering Australians huge savings on an ‘American BBQ Challenge Cruise’.
The deal, which sails through America’s mid west is valid for bookings made before March 31, 2020 and offers Australian passenger savings of up to $2978 per couple.
The American Queen Steamboat Company is a popular and traditional river cruise line in North America, with a focus on entertainment. The cruise includes guided shore excursions, daily Broadway-style entertainment and regionally inspired cuisine in the discounted fare.
Guests can cruise on the historic all-suite paddle wheeler, American Duchess, for their BBQ themed cruises – with two departure dates available – 27 September and 18 October, 2020.
The eight-night itinerary includes a stay in Memphis, Tennessee, before cruising to Illinois. Stops also include various ports along the Mississippi River in Missouri, Kentucky with included hop-on, hop-off shore excursions at each port.
The BBQ Challenge:
The BBQ Challenge involves the steamboat culinary cooking teams taking on local BBQ professionals for the ultimate ‘BBQ Master Title’, and you, the cruise guests are the judges.
Barbecue ribs, brisket and pulled pork, will be on the menu.
Mid West Highlights:
A range of shore excursions are included in the itinerary.
- In Paducah, Kentucky, visit the railway museum and sip some traditional Kentucky moonshine.
- At Chester, Illinois, visit the Popeye Museum and get a pop culture fix at the Spinach Can Collectibles.
- At St Louis, Missouri, explore the ‘Gateway City’ and its colourful neighbourhoods.
On board highlights:
- A jazz, blues and six-piece orchestra are on board in the evenings
- Daily lectures by American Queen’s history and culture expert – called a ‘riverlorian’
- A bar, lounge, fitness centre and spa are also available.
- Guests receive free onboard internet and complimentary 24-hour room service.
- The eight-night package includes a night’s accommodation pre-cruise
- The seven-night river cruise,
- guided, hop-on-hop-off shore excursions,
- an unlimited beverage package and water and speciality coffees throughout the cruise.
- Onboard gratuities and port taxes are also included.
- The stay and cruise package begins on September 27, 2020,
- prices start from $3422 per person, twin share for an interior stateroom, a saving of $446 per person. Or you can upgrade to a veranda suite, with packages starting at $5507 per person, twin share, with savings of up to $1489 per person.
- The offer ends March 31, 2020.
- A similar American BBQ Challenge itinerary – which travels north to south from St Louis, Missouri to Memphis, Tennessee – departs on October 18, 2020.
To book, call Cruise Traveller, on 1300 680 374 or visit www.cruisetraveller.com.au