Riviera Travel, the five-star British river cruise line, is attacking the burgeoning solo market with a record number of journeys aimed at single travellers.
The solo market has been growing as baby boomers head for Europe’s waterways, and many lines are racing to install more single cabins or relaxing solo supplements.
But Riviera, which has many new ships, is dedicating cruises to singles.
The international Sales Manager of Riviera Travel, Thomas Morgan, said the solo cruises address a gap in the market for people who wish to enjoy a river cruise but are travelling independently.
“We know solo travellers enjoy our river cruises and to meet growing demand, we have upped the number of cruise itineraries exclusively for solo travellers in 2019,” Mr Morgan said.
Riviera Travel’s 12 luxury river cruise ships will carry a record 47,000 passengers on 327 departures across Europe in 2019 and offer fares up to 50 per cent lower than river companies more established in Australia; fares start at $2,769 and include onboard meals, Wi-Fi and daily guided excursions.
Riviera Travel’s five-star cruise-ships offer fine dining, marble lobbies, deluxe lounges, sun decks, splash pools, gyms and suites boasting French or full balconies.
Their eight solo-only sailings on offer are:
- a seven-night cruise from Cologne along the Rhine River in Germany on October 21, 2019
- a seven-night cruise from Budapest on the Danube River on November 4, 2019
- a seven-night cruise from Porto along the Douro River in Portugal on November 8, 2019
- two seven-night cruises from Budapest on the Danube River on April 1 and October 28, 2019
- a seven-night cruise on the Rhone and Saone Rivers from Lyon to Avignon in France on October 31, 2019.
- two seven-night cruises from Porto on the Douro River, Portugal, on March 29 & 31, 2019 – both fully booked.
For general information on Riviera Travel’s river cruises, visit www.rivieratravel.com.au. Fares are subject to availability.