Luxury boutique river cruise line, Uniworld have revealed they will be offering itineraries for the first time, on the Amazon River in Peru.
The line announced they would be commencing itineraries from September 2020, and have said they will be chartering the Aria Amazon from luxury adventure line, Aqua Expeditions.
“We’ve seen great success with our exotic cruises and know the Peruvian and Amazon itineraries have the perfect combination of luxury, active adventure, and comfort that our guests appreciate,” says President and CEO of Uniworld, Ellen Bettridge.
“Between the four new Super Ships we’re introducing and now a brand new destination, we’re anticipating that 2020 will be one of our most exciting years yet and that these next-level experiences will continue to elevate the overall Uniworld experience for our guests.”
The Aria Amazon is an eco-friendly Super Ship, with floor to ceiling windows and panoramic views that make the most of the Peruvian location, as well as an outdoor observation deck. The all-suite ship, features a jacuzzi and indoor lounge and bar for the luxury-seeking passengers.
“We’re beyond thrilled to launch these extraordinary ships in South America, a completely new destination for us,” Ms Bettridge said.
This is what you can expect for the new 15-day Peruvian Amazon & Machu Picchu Exploration:
- Itinerary starts off with a land portion in Lima staying at a 5-star hotel,
- Followed by the seven-night cruise through the Amazon rainforest,
- Ends in the heartland of the Inca Empire with trips to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Cusco.
- Whilst the 11-day Peruvian Rivers & Rainforest Discovery takes guests to explore the colourful capital of Lima, immerse in the pristine Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve and sail through the Amazon River roundtrip from Iquitos.
- On all sailings, guests are joined by native born-and-raised naturalist guides that assist in getting up close to native wildlife and meeting village locals.
Prices start at $18,799 per person, and maiden voyages will depart on 23 September, 2020.